Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Beautiful People and Potatoes

Tuesday, October 7, 8:11AM

Stress. I really really really loathe stress. No money, lotsa problems. (At least when you're exploring Paris by yourself, don't speak French, need to buy subway tickets to get anywhere, and don't have a cell phone.)

Otherwise, I am feeling absolutely fabulous at the moment (well, dismissing the spotty wifi). I am sitting in a Starbucks (yes, not Parisian, but excuse me- ya girl wanted some wifi and an American sized café latte). I am sitting here watching what I can see of the sunrise over the Saint-Lazare metro stop and the surrounding shops.

I am using my few hours here to finally relax. This trip has been a little too stressful for my liking thus far (for reasons I wouldn't like to completely express on the world of the internet). Money annoyingly being one of those reasons.

But alas! I have still done some spectacular things! (Beyond seeing beautiful Frenchmen anywhere I go.) For the first time in my life, I am rambunctiously exploring somewhere I've never been, having zero responsibilities, and an open mind. I had the chance to see the Eiffel Tower during the day and also at night, when the whole thing actually lights up like a twinkling Christmas tree! I walked through the Cathédrale de Notre-Dame, an incredible cathedral with impeccable artistry. I've eaten some pretty spectacular food, too! (Like roasted chicken with French fries, an omelette with tomato, mushroom, and potatoes, and spiced polenta with tomato and onion!) I walked along the Seine river, ate at a café with a dear friend of mine, and embarrassingly enough had our pictures taken pretending we were drinking champagne. I drank red wine at night in front of the Eiffel Tower at a party (sorry mom and dad, I'm legal here). I walked along the most famous shopping strip in the world, Champs-Élysées, was amazed by the size of the Arc-du-Triomphe, and have been genuinely impressed by the immense style of everyone here.

It's been a bit of a rough start to my Euro-tour, but I won't let that ruin my whole trip! Besides, I'm in Europe! (And how freaking cool is it to even be able to say that?!) There are beautiful languages, places, and people (;-)) surrounding me! I didn't expect everything to go perfectly, as that is most toxic whilst traveling, but! I am happy. I am living my dream (aka, having zero responsibilities and seeing the world) and that, my friend, is more than enough for me.
Until next time, deuces from Paris!

Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment